We celebrated my first birthday yesterday with lots of food and people! Mom and Dad worked hard on Saturday and Sunday to make sure everything was ready.
Here's the cakes. Mom made them and Dad decorated them. Dad really likes playing with the new cake decorator. Mom and I both thought he did a nice job.
I got my own special cupcake. I was very curious about the candle in the middle of the cupcake. Dad blew it out for me so I didn't even get a chance to hurt myself.
Mom supervised me while I ate the WHOLE cupcake! Well, most of it...some of it was in my hair, on my face, and on my clothes. Overall, Mom and Dad were impressed at how well I ate it.
After the food we had to do "The Test". This is a Bockey family tradition where a Bible, a coin, and a liquor bottle is set out. When a child turns one, they crawl towards these things and whichever one they choose is their "destiny". I chose the money...probably because it's shiny.
Next, it was time to open presents. I had lots of helpers since I wasn't too eager to open anything.
Andy and I check out the lawn mower that him, Heidi, Cole, Aunt Kim, and Uncle JJ got for me. Thanks Guys!
I also got a wagon from G & G Meyer, Uncle Nick, and Aunt Natalie. The kids all seemed really impressed with this. Cole's got the instructions while Heidi holds a wheel and everyone else is checking it out. I've gone on a few rides in it already!
Mom made me pose with all of my presents: a book and piggy bank from Uncle Jake and Aunt Holly; the lawn mower, plates, book, bib, and an outfit from Uncle JJ and Aunt Kim; swim trunks from Uncle Brandon and LeeAnn; bike seat carrier from G & G Bockey; and wipes, little swimmers, spoons, and bowls, and an outfit from Uncle Mark and Aunt Lynn. Thanks Everybody!!
After all that, we needed to burn off some energy so we headed to the park to play. Aunt Natalie, Heidi, Andy, and I enjoy bouncing on the animals.
Dad and I went down the slide multiple times and then Mom took over. I am becoming a really big fan of the slide!
No comments:
Post a Comment