In mid-July, we headed up to the Toledo Zoo again. So far, Mom and Dad have planned our trips to the zoo around other stuff so we haven't had to make a "special" trip to Toledo just to use our zoo membership. We finally got to see the baby elephant, Lucas! The last time we were here, the line was enormously long and our time was limited, so we didn't see him. This time there was really no line since we were there by about 10:30 in the morning.
I loved seeing Lucas and watching him play! I even imitated what an elephant says and does (notice my hand up in the air).
This time we visited the other side of the zoo too in order to see that polar bears, seals, and African animals. These animals are actually on the side that we park on, but we've always crossed first thinking we'd hit these ones on our way out and it hadn't happened yet. It was a pretty special day because we all went on the train ride to see the African animals! I was PUMPED! Ok, really I was more excited about riding on a train than the animals but I did have fun looking at them too. After our awesome train ride, we checked out the seals and polar bears. This quickly became our favorite place since they have a new building where you can observe these animals and it's air conditioned!
Hanging on Dad while Mom snapped our picture. We hung out in here for awhile watching the animals and cooling off.
I had to check out this big polar bear. He was pretty cool...and tall.
After our trip to the zoo, we went to a Jubilee mass for our friend, Sr. Tina. She was Mom's mentor while Mom was doing her master's degree program and she was celebrating 25 years of being a sister! They had a reception afterward with food and we ran into Dad's aunt, Sr. Elaine. We don't see her very often so Mom and Dad had a nice chat with her. I even sat still long enough to get my picture taken with her while she was holding Maria. Maria and I both fell asleep for a little bit on the way home after this fun day!






No comments:
Post a Comment