Friday, November 27, 2009

Meyer Family Vacation


 November 13-15 were spent at Splashbay Indoor Water park in Maumee.  It's connected to a Holiday Inn.  As an early Christmas present from G & G Meyer, all of mom's siblings and their families came up and spent the night and played a the water park.  We got there around 4:30 on Friday and, after eating supper, headed down to the water park.  I thought the water was a little chilly so I was not a huge fan of it.  I did enjoy playing in what was called the "Spa".  It was warmer than the rest of the water, but not as hot as a hot tub.  Mom forgot to take her camera on Friday, but did snap some pics while we were hanging out with everyone. 


 
 After I went to bed, a lot of the grownups stayed up and played Clubs.  A card game that was kind of crazy playing with 9 people.


 
 Mom said it was kind of nice just hanging out at the hotel and being together.



 
There were so many of them playing cards that Grandma Meyer had to sit on the bed and play.


 
 The couch wasn't huge, but Mom, Dad, LeeAnn, and Nick (obviously not pictured here) fit on it.


 
 The next morning, we hung out in G & G Meyer's room eating breakfast and visiting before heading down to the water park.  I got to play with the phone.  Don't worry, Uncle Brandon took the phone jack out of the back so I wouldn't call anyone.


 
 Samantha hung out with her mom (Aunt Holly).



 
 Jesse, Uncle JJ, and Heidi all watch cartoons while we visited.


 
Aunt Kim looks like she's going to fall over here, but really I think she was getting ready to tuck her one leg under the other one.  Andy had a great time visiting and checking everything out.



 Uncle Jake shows something to Jesse in the background as Uncle JJ and Cole discuss getting ready to go to the water park again.





 
 Most of us went back to the water park on Saturday.  I was a little braver today.  As you can see, Samantha enjoyed the water while Dad and I check out the surroundings.


 
 Dad and I went on an inner tube ride in the "Lazy River".


 
 This is kind of blurry, but there are three distinct people in this picture.  The guy laying on 2 or so rafts we don't know.  The guy on the right is Uncle Nick and on the left is Uncle Jake and Jesse.


 
 After we had a great time at the water park again, we went back to G & G's room and played.  Samantha and I checked out the heating/ac unit/Jesse's trains that were by the unit.


 
A lot of people were engrossed in the tv watching football games.




 While Jesse and Samantha took naps, G. Meyer, Dad, Mom, Uncle Nick, Uncle Brandon, LeeAnn, and I went to Sidecut Metropark since it was SO nice out!  Dad and I weren't sure what this thing was, but I liked playing on it.

 
 Uncle Nick, Uncle Brandon, and LeeAnn checked out one of the old canal locks that is at the park while Dad and I were jumping over the water.




 
 We also played spied on Mom through a bridge.




 Uncle Nick snapped a family photo of us by another lock.




 
 Uncle Nick and I hung out for awhile.  He showed me a tree branch among other things.


 
 Dad and I then ran down the hill and took a picture of everyone else.


 
 Uncle Nick took the camera from Mom and took a lot of pictures of me looking through the railing while Dad hung on to me.



 
 These were a few of the really cute ones.


 
 He also snapped a picture of Grandma, Uncle Brandon, and Mom.


 
Dad and I ran up the hill one last time before we went across the road to the playground.


 
I had a really good time at the playground.  There was a fun walkway between to sections of it.


 
 I ended our time at the playground by swinging.  I was getting quite tired by this point.




 After a quick nap by me, we headed back down to the water park for some afternoon fun.  Uncle Nick, Aunt Natalie, and Jesse played with a basketball.



 
 Grandma Meyer waits at the top of the slides and translates to us that she and Grandpa can't go down the slide yet because for some reason there's no water in the yellow slide at the moment.


 
 After a few moments, the water was back and Grandpa and Grandma made it down.


 
 From the looks of it, they both enjoyed it!




 
 Jesse really enjoyed the slides for younger kids.  The yellow one was nice and short while the green and blue ones were longer and kind of twisty.


 
 Mom was really mean and made me go down the yellow slide before we left.  Notice how I look like I'm drowning...I was fine, just crying A LOT!


 
 Dad took a a picture of all of the big slides: three of them: blue, yellow, and red.  Mom and Dad both went down all three.


 
Here's a picture of the green and blue slides for the younger ones.  Jesse enjoyed the green one a lot!  Thanks G & G Meyer for the early Christmas present.  We had a great time!






No comments: