Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cadillac and Dundee, Michigan August 1st

After leaving the sand dunes, we drove to Cadillac and camped at Camp Cadillac. It's a small campground a little north of Cadillac off of 131. It kind of reminded Mom of Shepard's Pasture. A small campground near where she grew up. Most of the people there probably have permanent sites, but it was nice and quiet. Dad got a fire going so we could eat as soon as the tent was set up.



This campground also had a petting zoo, which we checked out before leaving on Saturday morning. Dad and I thought the goat was pretty cool.



Mom took a picture of the road and sky as we were heading up and over the Saginaw River. The bridge seemed to go plenty high for just going over a river. I didn't notice it, because I was asleep...I did this a lot while we traveled around Michigan.



We stopped at Cabela's in Dundee, MI and Dad let me try out one of the boats sitting out front. I love steering wheels and had a good time "driving" the boat.




We had a good time at Cabela's and I enjoyed checking out the variety of things there. Hope you enjoyed our Michigan pictures-they're only 3 weeks late! Mom is going to try to do a better job of taking pictures off of the camera and posting them right away.

No comments: