Sunday, September 27, 2009

Funny Boy-Mom

So, no pictures at the moment, but Jack is pretty funny lately. The latest was this evening as Jeff and I were both in the kitchen doing stuff on the computers, Jack and Jeff were eating Chex Mix. Jack kept getting a little handful from Jeff and then try to eat it. Well, it kept going everywhere because he kept tipping his head back. As Jeff and I were talking about it, I said that he probably does that because that's what we do when we're eating Chex Mix! We both got a good laugh out of it!

Jack is all about imitating what were doing lately. He was "helping" me tonight by "sweeping" the floors and he loves helping me on laundry days. I'll get his little basket of clothes from his room and set it on Jeff and I's bed. As I sit there and sort our clothes out, he stands there and throws his clothes in the big basket on the floor. He even usually hits the right basket since most of his clothes are colored instead of whites. He will then help me by pushing a basket through the house back to the utility room.

He also loves being outside. He loves feeding the ducks that hang out in the canal behind our house. He knows when we're outside and the ducks come around that we should go in the garage and get some food for the ducks! He also loves playing with the big push broom in the garage. He's seen Jeff and I clean the floor and thinks he can clean it too.

We've had a lot of fun this summer going on walks, spending time outside, and playing over at the playground at the park. He's gotten brave the last week or so and will now go down the smaller orange slide all by himself. He turns over and goes down feet first on his stomach. He's always so proud of himself when I pick him up at the bottom!

We'll be back to posting pictures tomorrow. ;)

No comments: