Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Canal Days

This past weekend was Canal Days here in Delphos. Sunday morning, Dad (in the yellow shirt) ran the 5K while Mom and I watched.



While Dad was running, I checked out the mini-golf course.



Dad wanted to beat all of his cross country kids and ended up beating one of his former runners right at the end. He ran it in 19:28...not bad for not running any races for two years.



Mom and I took a walk on Friday before Canal Days really started. Here's what Main Street turns into...rides and festival food.




Not related to Canal Days at all, but I'm really getting into climbing on things lately. I climbed up on the dishwasher all by myself and hung out there eating apples. I also love imitating people. For example, My dad taught me how to "blow" my nose. I know that I need to hold a tissue up to my nose...and then make noise with my mouth.



I also like to feed myself. Mom's been working with me to eat out of a bowl with a spoon. Somedays, I'm pretty good about it, while other days I'd rather pick it up with my hands and stuff it in my mouth.



I'm growing slowly, but surely. Mom took me to the doctor's office on the 9th just to get weighed since I was only 16 lbs. 10 oz. at my one year checkup. Now, at 15 months old, I weigh 17 lbs. 13 oz. Dad's Aunt Lois works there and was excited to see me and weigh me. I've been hanging out with her a lot at cross country meets. She bribes me with crackers, which I accept, of course. Mom's glad to have a little break at meets and doesn't mind that I hang out with Ottoville people. ;)

We've had a busy summer and Mom and Dad are looking forward to things slowing down once November comes. Between everything going on, Mom is excited that nothing is going on tonight (the 24th)!!



And to end this post, there is a guy painting a mural on the side of K & M Tire here in Delphos. Mom says sorry for the vehicles in the way for part of it. It looks pretty neat and Mom'll post another picture when it's completely done.

No comments: