
Dad and I ran in the Canal Days 5K on Sunday, September 21st. The race is part of a whole weekend of festivities where they block off the entire downtown section of town and put up tents, rides, etc.

Now, take note that Dad is carrying me. That's because I started crying around the 1 mile mark and was REALLY crying by the 2 mile mark and since Dad didn't want people to think he was a horrible parent who just lets his son cry, we ditched the stroller and left it with the nice people there and Dad carried me the last mile. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Dad had a few people who wanted to take me so Dad could actually run, but by that point Dad would've had a horribly slow time and didn't want to look that bad since all of his cross country kids ran the race.

Our finish time. Only 13 minutes slower than Dad's time last year since I pitched a fit.

Dad wasn't mad at me and him and mom both thought it was funny when they announced us crossing the finish line and proclaimed me as the youngest finisher!
No comments:
Post a Comment