Maria was baptized on February 27th at our parish, Delphos, St. John's. Because it is such a large parish, they usually do group baptisms, but we had our own after the last mass that Sunday. Maria wore the same baptismal gown that Dad and all of his siblings wore. Somehow, it missed me. Mom says she doesn't remember hearing much about it, plus it was August when I was baptized, and I'm a boy. Who knows.
After the baptism, we had everyone over to our house for food. It was a lot of people, Mom thinks there was around 30 people here. It's a good thing we have an attached garage and that G & G Bockey have tables and chairs for us to borrow! We put a few heaters out there and it was pretty comfortable. I got to help open Maria's presents since she wasn't really up to it. :) I really liked holding up everything and showing it off.
After the present opening, Maria got her picture taken with Mom & Dad, the grandparents, and her godparents - Uncle Mark and Aunt Lynn. She was ready to be out of her dress by that point...or she as getting hungry.
Sometimes, you just have to get things by yourself. Mom and Dad were ignoring me so I helped myself to the baked beans.
We got lots of rain the week after Maria's baptism. I really liked watching the ducks floating around and playing in our "pond".
Here is Maria with all of her presents that she got on Sunday. Thanks everyone!






No comments:
Post a Comment